Step1... Create Logical system for new client
What is logical System in SAP ?
Logical system enables the system to recognize the target system as an RFC destination. Logical system is required for communication between systems within the landscape. You need a logical system when you create a new client in SAP
T-Code to create Logical System in SAP is BD54
Logical System is transportable.
How to create Logical System in SAP ?
1. Run transaction code BD54. Click on pencil icon to covert from display to change view. Then, click on New Entries.
for ex. if your new client no is 500 and SID(System ID) if P10 then logical system will be,
Step2... Create New client in SCC4
How to create a new SAP client
You have finished your SAP Installation and want to use your SAP system as your users work area.
Before you are able to use it you have to create a client in your SAP system. It's part of SAP Basis tasks to create SAP client.
A SAP client is and independently accountable business unit. Each client is identified by a three-figure number. In the standard system, SAP delivers the following pre-configured clients:
- 000 : for administration purposes and as a template for additional clients
- 001: for test purposes and as a template for additional clients.
- 066: for SAP Remote Services
A client is created in two steps:
1. Make the new client known to the SAP system, and make important basic settings.
2. Fills the client with data.
After that you can use your SAP client.
1. To make a new client from SAP Menu -> Tools -> Administration -> Administration -> Client Administration or SAP Transaction code SCC4 - Client Maintenance.
|SAP Client Maintenance - SCC4|
|Create new SAP Client|
|New SAP Client created|
NOTE: If the client role is production then the settings should be as follows:
i. No changes allowed
ii. No changes to repository and cross client
iii. Protection level -1 – No overwriting
iv. eCATT & CATT Not AllowedT000 – Table stores all the list of created clients
Step3... Make login/no_automatic_user_sapstar=0
- Login to the SAP system using client 000 or 001
- Hit the transaction code ‘RZ10′
- Click Utilities and click import profiles
- Click back (F3)
- Place the cursor at profile and click f4
- Double click on Default profile
- Select the Extended maintenance and click change
- Click Parameter (Create F5)
- Place the cursor at parameter name and click F4
- Click a small triangle shape which is available on top of the box
- Type *login* and hit enter
- Double click on ‘login/no_automatic_user_sapstar’ parameter
- Type the parameter value as ’0′
- Click ‘Copy’ Tab and click back (F3)
- Click ‘Copy’ Tab again to transfer The changed profile
- Click Back (F3)
- Click Save, Click back and Click Yes to activate the profile
- Log out from the SAP system
- Stop the SAP System
- Start the SAP System
- Now try to login as sap* and Password as ‘pass’
- Now you should be able to login to newly created client using virtual user temporarily before doing client copy