Post Installation Steps
After Installing R/3 into a new system, Basis has to perform some post Installation steps before handing over to end users for operation. Post Installation steps make sure that System is ready, properly configured, Tuned and take load of user requests.
Below are some standard steps which has to perform immediately after the installation is finished.
- Login to SAP system using DDIC/000
- Execute SICK/ SM28 to check for any Installation error , If anything is reported then trouble shoot those errors.
- Apply SAP license through SLICENSE
- Execute SE06 , Select Standard Installation and click on execute Perform Post Installation Steps. Click yes on each next screen.
- Execute STMS , to configure TMS configuration system. If there is no Domain controller in organization then configure this new system as DC.
- Login as SAP*/000
- Execute RZ10 -> Utilities -> Import profiles -> Of Active Servers
- check the system log in SM21
- Check any dumps in ST22
- Execute SCC4 -> Click on change button -> Confirm the warning and click on new entries to create a new client.
- login to new client to perform a client copy using SAP*/<new client number>/PASS
- Set your default client in SAP
- Make changes to dialog process and background if you need to change than default one.
- Define operation mode through RZ04 & SM63
- Create one or two super users using SU01 with profiles SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW
- printer configuration (if required )
- Schedule SAP Standard Background jobs through SM36
- Configure Web GUI
- Create login page message
- Display your company logo on initial screen of SAP
- Disable import all option (this depends on organizations requirement )
- Give protection to special users
- Stop and Start SAP R/3 for profile parameter to be in effect.
- Upgrade the kernel to the latest level
- Upgrade the SPAM version to latest level
Now system is ready to login and work for developers and administrator